The Never-Fail Pie Crust recipe is an American favorite from southern Ohio and Northern Kentucky, and is responsible for many blue ribbon county fair prizes in both States. This is a recipe that, once used, you will never substitute any other pie crust recipe.
Never-Fail Pie Crust
This is an Ohio Fair blue-ribbon recipe that was given to me by my mother, through my grandmother. It is tasty, flaky, and is the best part of any pie.
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1.25 Cup Crisco substitute lard or butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp Cold Water
- 1 Tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in Crisco (or lard or butter) until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix egg, cold water, and vinegar together in a separate bowl.
- Pour into flour all at once and blend. Don't be afraid to use your hands.
- Roll into ball, wrap with wax paper or plastic wrap, and put in fridge while you prepare pie filling and are ready to line a pie dish.
Please do not use Crisco in this recipe - use Lard. You're welcome.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!